On this page you will learn How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows. A lot of Android users want to install a custom ROM and kernel’s, they also try to use different firmware’s, and root their . First of all, you need to unlock bootloader and you must need to install ADB and fastboot drivers
ADB is stands for "Android Debug Bridge", it is a small debug tool that you will find in Android Software Development Kit (SDK). You can control your from the computer with ADB using USB. It is basically a command line tool that does the communication between your Android device and a computer. You can also transfer files using powerful shell commands.
ADB, Fastboot is also a part of Android Software Development Kit (SDK). With Fastboot tool, you can modify reflashing partition and image zip files, recovery, and updates from a computer using a USB connection.
Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows:
On this page, you will learn two best methods to install ADB and fastboot on windows 7, 8, 8.1, and windows 10. The First one is ADB installer, it is a 15 seconds method, and the second method is Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
Install ADB and fastboot driver on Windows with 15 sec ADB installer:
Step 1: Starting with let’s download ADB Installer setup file by XDA member @Snoop05. It not just installs ADB but it also installs fastboot and USB drivers within a short span of 15 seconds.
Step 2: And then run the Exe file adb-setup.exe.
Step 3: Then look at command window, and follow the instruction. Type ‘Y’ if you want to install the ADB and fastboot driver.
Step 4: After giving the command ‘Y’ it will install the ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC and then it will copy the required files to a particular location.
Step 5: Once again type ‘Y’ to install the device driver. This may take few seconds to install the device drivers and after that, the command window will automatically close.
6) Congratulations!!! You have successfully installed ADB and fastboot on your Windows PC.
Install ADB and fastboot on Windows with Minimal ADB and Fastboot:
1) Firstly you need to download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup by XDA member @shimp208.
2) And then run the file minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.3_setup.exe.
3) After that you need to Follow the wizard’s instructions and then select where you will install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
4) After all these you need to choose the file location and complete the whole setup by the following instruction.
5) Finally you have successfully installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC.
If you want to check whether ADB and Fastboot is correctly being configured on your PC then go to the installation directory after that press and hold the shift key and press right click and launched the command prompt and type ‘adb devices’. This will show you the list of devices connected to your PC.